28 August, 2007

Bubble Trouble

My secretary went off yesterday to help My Favourite Cat Sitter (MFCS) to install Xtra's new bubble service on her computer. Not that MFCS wanted Xtra Bubble and the fancy bells and whistles it apparently comes with, all she wanted to do was to check her emails and spam filter to see why spam was suddenly getting through.

Over two hours later my frazzled secretary returns and boy was she pissed off! MFCS still can't sign in to webmail and the sign up process was full of marketing that MFCS and my reasonably computer savvy secretary had difficulty working out which links were the ones that they should be following. All of this complicated by the joys of dial-up Internet access.

But wait there is more....

This morning my secretary access our webmail and finds that nearly half of the messages in the spam filter were not spam. Some were important. One was even a legitimate one from the bank. Some were my email!

I am seriously tempted to do a Dover Samuels and raise my lovely long white tail in the direction and close proximity to Xtra's servers and mark a bit of territory. I wonder if I can talk her into driving me over..........

No comments: