11 March, 2008

Emergancy call reponse times

I am in the dog's box.



OK, not literally as we don't have any creature as dumb as a dog living here but I am definitely figuratively in the dog's box.



I only wanted some attention.

My blog had not been typed up in nearly a fortnight after all.



I just resorted to my usual tactic of standing on the fax machine buttons in order to make it beep. That is all.



OK, I did keep it up for longer than usual. Well, how was I to know my secretary was asleep?

He who earns money had just kicked me off my usual spot on the bed after all.



So it was a hot night. Why should that change my sleeping arrangements?



To retaliate I stomped on the fax machine key pad.



This is something I do regularly after all.



So I took it one step further than usual and activated the hands free function. I was pretty annoyed after all.



OK, so I wasn't watching which numbers I was standing on. It 11:30pm and dark after all.



I was so surprised I couldn't speak to the nice lady who answered my call before it rang.



I didn't need fire, police or ambulance anyway so why was the lady asking me which one I wanted?



Now everybody is cross at me.



I didn't even dial 7 digits.



In fact I only dialed 1 - 3 times.



I guess we now know that the New Zealand 111 service does answer calls promptly.

Responding to calls may be a different story but they do answer quickly.

No comments: