23 September, 2008

Airbrushed reality


"One of these photos is not like the others. Three of these pics are kind of the same, but one of these images is not like the others can you tell me which before I finish this song." misquote from Sesame Street
Have you figured it out yet?
That's right, my secretary has attempted to airbrush that three year old photo of me in the top left corner. She hasn't touched the rest. Don't be too up set if you guessed it was the bottom left photo, that is the only one that I can guarantee to be completely free of any airbrushing or enhancement.
The top right photo is off a Labour Party bill board the bottom one is a slightly older but still flattering media shot ... I think.
Hard to tell really.
I have often wondered about the time machine the the National Party seems to be using to get its policies, it does seem to jump back and forth from the 80s to the 90s then back to the 70s but Labour's seems to take the cake.
They have a time machine that seems to work only on publicity photos for election campaigns.
Look at a bill board and Helen Clark seems to be even younger than she was last election.
Look at the evening news and she is older again.
Do airbrushes win more votes than promises?
That bottom left photo is me a few minutes ago. White fur is an advantage when it comes to holding ones age don't you think?