08 April, 2009

Letter to Camping Kid

8 Apr. 09
Dear Camping Kid,

I have been haranguing your Mum and Dad... alright, I have been howling at anyone who will listen, to write this down to send to you.

Firstly I would like to state that I have most definitely not been pining away on your bed awaiting your return. If you thought I was going to you are sorely mistaken besides, the pile of clothing on top of it make such actions a little risky.

I had a disturbing encounter with a cat that shall remain nameless on the weekend. It had the nerve to chase me inside through the cat door at speed. I am refusing to discuss the matter further. My ears aren’t that much worse for wear.

Mystery has learnt a new trick. Three days running now, when it is time for her to go back to her hutch she has put herself in the yellow carrier without the need for any chasing or picking up. Your Dad just goes out on to the deck and she hops over to the carrier and in she goes. Smart Bunny.

Inky however is not that happy at the moment. It seems that Mr Biscuit was getting a bit rambunctious and had to be put in a separate carrier to visit Mainly Music. That was all well and good but he refused to poke his head out for the first group so Inky got thoroughly petted. Inky found this a little scary so when your Mum put them back in the quiet room she hauled Mr B out and put him back in the orange carrier with Inky.

You know about Biscuit’s one track mind don’t you.

Now take a guess what the naughty little boy was up to when the door of the room was opened to give another small child a peek? Yup, he was on top and going at it like a Black and Decker drill. Like I said, Inky is not amused. Just as well he has been fixed.
He did redeem himself by being very cute and letting the second group of small children pet him and they aren’t quite as gentle as the first group even it they are quieter. Inky was much happier with the second group.

Cinnamon is being her usual refined self, she has been sleeping with her head in the den and her bottom sticking out so maybe she is sulking. Either that or she wants the wind up her bum and not her ears.

Dory has declined to be my dinner and is now doing that fish mouth thing at me from the main tank with Patch. Who said goldfish are thick? I am sure those two know I can’t get to them so delight in pulling faces at me.

Dusty bird is still heckling me from on high and Flossy just cheaps as I go passed. Neither will discuss lunch – my lunch that is. They’ll keep.

Well I guess that is all unless you want me give you my opinion on how we are moving to Auckland without moving house or having any say in the matter...mmm...better not get me started.

Bbbbrrrrreeeewwww for now,
Sally

No comments: