29 June, 2007

I told you so

Remember when I expressed the opinion that in Another Bollard game that his trick to lower the exchange rate was going to work as well as catching water in a leaky bucket.
It seems that I was slightly wrong.
The exchange rate is now up to USA$0.77 so Bollard's tinkering wasn't like catching water in a leaky bucket. More like catching water in a sieve.

While I am on a roll remember signs of the times-more water under the bridge in which I stated that Auckland City Council's greatly increased water charges were not going to be popular? After reading this I am anticipating a backpedal any day now with or without a push from central government.

Last night TV3 had a great deal of fun at expense of various MPs by showing them asleep in their seats. Wish I could find that clip to share, it was a hoot.
My normally lowish opinion of the greens has just risen a notch. They voted against the new rules and Nandor Tanczos explains why in this radio interview. He even mentioned the problem of enforcing the satire rule in blogs.

The White Cat Rulz!!!
I suppose I better shut up for now before my swelled head gets stuck in the cat flap.

No comments: