13 November, 2008

Going Green


My secretary spent the weekend looking at Rhododendrons.

Why, I am not sure. Why she went all the way to Taranaki to do so is an even greater mystery. Especially as she bypassed the World's most livable city to do so.

I know what a Rhododendron is; it is that shocking pink flowered thing I climb on occasion. It has papery bark I don't like the feel of so I don't climb it that often.

Anyway my secretary came back all inspired and has set to ripping all the weeds out of the gardens reducing them to large areas of bare dusty dirt. Bliss when one has an itchy back and a liking for blackbirds.

The only problem is now I get chased off because I am squashing the seedlings, with the hose no less.
It seems they are planning to eat these little leafy things.

All I can say is they better not turn up in my dish.

I noticed that some of the new plants are cauliflower and broccoli.

Racing down the cabbage tree to catch white butterflies and chase the kids with them should be worth the temporary inconvenience.

No comments: