06 November, 2008

Last pre election rant- from me anyway

Yes, I watched the last leaders debate on TVNZ last night.

I only got to see it because it was on instead of that consumer's affairs show, Fair Go.

Not that it was much of a debate. The only way it could have gotten more civilised is if Mark Sainsbury set out the bone china and served tea and biscuits.

No hard questions so no stirring answers and no effort to prompt any either.

It was all too nice for words.

I didn't see the experts ( x=unknown, spurts= drips under pressure) assessment of it all. My secretary, having already voted, turned off the box while still muttering about the lack of Fair Go. The teenager had wandered off in bordom long before the end.

Come next week with the US election now over and ours as well the frying pan will no doubt land in the fire regardless of who wins.

The credit crunch will take another bite.

A pity that will be well beyond the fix-it capabilities of Fair Go.

No comments: