25 March, 2009

I'm a cat alone, an only cat



The Bag Lady aka Queen Smudge, of Old cat's guide to scaring your human fame, at the grand age of 19 years 5 months and 2 days ran out of lives on Monday.



She had been in poor health for a while, years in fact but by Sunday she was so frail that a strong breeze could have blown her over. By Monday morning no breeze was needed like many times before off to the vet she went. This time she really did come home in a box. Cheapest trip in a long time I understand.



In case you missed it The Smudge was not my favourite flatmate. In fact the bossy britches was my least favourite flatmate.



My humans of course are very upset but not surprised.



In less than 3 weeks I have gone from having 2 feline flatmates to none.

I think I can handle the extra attention and I love the lack of competition but I have spotted a down side.



It has to do with the neighbours, the feline neighbour to be exact.

Now I have been beating up this wimp of a ball of fluff for months- no problem. Minnie and Smudge would often come out and watch my prowess as I knocked the soprano ponce for six.

Last night however he didn't turn tail and run quite as quickly as usual. It took *shudder* human intervention to make him slink back over the fence.

Could it be he was more scared of my elderly flatmates than he was of me?



It could be very worrying.








No comments: